Director, Multifamily Underwriting & Credit Risk OversightWashington, United States
- Salary: $225,000.00
- Sector: Credit Risk
- Type: Permanent
Director, Credit Risk Oversight, Commercial Real Estate
We're working with the Managing Director of Credit Risk, Commercial Real Estate of a leading Financial Services Institution that is looking to grow the team. This key role sits within the broader Enterprise Risk Management group and will be responsible for the leading the oversight of credit risk for commercial real estate.
- You will be an integral part of our team dedicated to overseeing credit risk and conducting rigorous evaluations to uncover emerging risks and potential blind spots.
- Your primary objective will be to proactively identify risks, enabling prompt risk detection, and subsequently enhancing the credit risk profile of our multifamily (MF) sector.
- You will be responsible for formulating pre-funding and post-purchase credit recommendations, as well as conducting valuations.
- These activities are crucial for the continuous maintenance of the optimal credit quality within our MF portfolio.
- Conduct continuous analysis of credit risk within our multifamily portfolio, ensuring that potential risks are identified promptly. Your insights will be vital in furnishing senior management with the information necessary to refine decision-making processes.
- Take the lead in conducting focused reviews, assessing credit risk with a high degree of autonomy. This will involve crafting comprehensive credit risk assessments and presenting them to senior management.
- Independently address a wide array of issues, considering diverse factors and staying attuned to prevailing business trends. This multidimensional analysis will be essential for effective decision-making.
- Develop post-purchase credit recommendations and valuations. By doing so, you will play a key role in safeguarding the credit quality of our portfolio and ensuring accurate risk evaluations.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Real Estate with a focal point on Finance or equivalent practical experience. Advanced academic achievements in this realm would be advantageous.
- At least 10 years of direct and relevant experience in multifamily credit underwriting and/or credit policy development, showcasing a deep understanding of the field.
- A track record of at least 3 years in a management capacity, demonstrating your adeptness at leading teams and guiding their growth.
- Previous engagement within the multifamily mortgage industry or within a financial institution, offering valuable insights into the sector's intricacies.
- Proficiency in comprehending complex credit matters and synthesizing information from various sources into coherent insights.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously while adhering to established review processes. Your skill in task prioritization and managing multiple responsibilities concurrently will be essential for meeting deadlines.
- A proven capacity to influence and negotiate effectively, particularly in delicate situations. You can bring about shifts in thinking or secure buy-in from others without straining relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, characterized by clarity, conciseness, and logical organization.