Junior Quantitative Analyst - Model ValidationCharlotte, United States
- Salary: $92,500.00
- Sector: Quantitative Analytics
- Type: Permanent
Junior Quantitative Analyst
Global Investment Bank
Charlotte, NC (Hybrid)
Our client, a prominent Investment Bank with a strong global presence and expanding operations in the United States, is seeking an entry-level candidate to join their Model Risk Management group. This group plays a crucial role as the organization's second line of defense, responsible for overseeing model risk across the bank's divisions and functions. The team ensures rigorous assessment and verification of the bank's collection of models in alignment with SR 11-7 principles, while also supervising model risk governance and adherence to guidelines and regulations. We are currently looking for a motivated individual to fill the role of an Junior Quantitative Analyst - Fraud Detection within the Model Risk Management Group. This professional will contribute to the validation of AML, FCC, and Fraud Models.
- Conduct comprehensive validations and assessments of Financial Crime/Fraud/AML models, covering aspects such as data quality, model/scenario design, implementation, performance, control, and ongoing monitoring.
- Identify model deficiencies through thorough validations, communicate issues to model owners and senior management, and provide practical recommendations.
- Develop and maintain documentation templates, testing packages, and automated tools to streamline and standardize validation procedures.
- Offer support during audits and examinations focused on compliance and fraud risk models.
- Stay current with compliance and fraud regulations, along with industry best practices, to ensure up-to-date knowledge.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields.
- Proficiency in Python and SQL programming languages.
- Solid understanding of the financial sector and diverse business lines.
- Demonstrated aptitude in logical reasoning, analytical skills, and effective communication.
- Preferred experience includes exposure to compliance analytics, compliance/fraud model validations, or related areas within financial institutions or consulting settings.
- Familiarity with Oracle Database, Actimize SAM, and Fircosoft is a plus.
Location: Charlotte, NC
For more information, please reach out to Alex Hampton.