Lead Model Risk AuditorNew York, United States
- Salary: $170,000.00
- Sector: Quantitative Analytics
- Type: Permanent
Global Investment Bank
New York, NY
Our client is a leading Investment Bank with a global presence and ever-growing footprint in the United States.
We are working with the firms Internal Audit - Model Risk group which serves as the organization's third line of defense responsible for overseeing model risk arising from the bank's various divisions and corporate functions. This team is responsible for creating and executing a risk management framework aligned with the principles of SR 11-7, through which the bank's collection of models is rigorously assessed and verified. Moreover, the team is charged with supervising model risk governance, ensuring adherence to guidelines, protocols, and regulatory directives.
- Efficiently manage audit teams to ensure the delivery of high-quality reviews within established timeframes.
- When necessary, contribute to the implementation of IAD's comprehensive audit plan and assurance responsibilities.
- Engage in the quarterly and annual continuous monitoring and risk assessment processes to identify shifts in business trends and alterations in the business risk profile.
- Assist with special projects aimed at enhancing business processes or advancing departmental strategic initiatives when required.
- Monitor and validate the resolution of issues raised by the department and regulatory bodies.
- Offer support, guidance, and constructive feedback to junior team members and co-sourced internal audit professionals.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders and senior audit management to clearly articulate audit strategies, testing outcomes, and corrective actions.
- Cultivate, advocate for, and sustain a collaborative and robust working relationship with AD business leaders, external auditors, and regulatory entities.
- At least 6 years of experience within Model Risk Management, with a minimum of 3 in an internal audit capacity.
- In-depth knowledge of banking and capital markets products.
- A thorough understanding of relevant regulatory standards, including Model Risk (SR 11-7).
- Proficiency in audit techniques, internal controls, and workpaper standards.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and professional skills, including the ability to engage effectively with individuals at all levels within the organization
Please contact Alex Hampton for further information.