Machine Learning Engineer - Technical LeadAntwerp, Belgium
- Salary: Negotiable
- Sector: Software Development
- Type: Permanent
Technical Lead - Machine Learning - Content Streaming
Our leading client in the content streaming space is on a mission to ensure their users have access to their desired content whenever and wherever they want it.
You'd be the most senior Machine Learning Engineer within this highly tech-driven team which serves millions of recommendations per day across a suite of highly successful sites and platforms.
About the Role
As a Technical Lead, you'll be responsible for using ML techniques to deliver fully personalized experiences to users of our client's platform, leading a team (from a technical as opposed to managerial standpoint) and shaping the future of personalized content delivery within the organisation.
- Take full ownership of the technical health and quality of the Recommendations team
- Act as a mentor and set a high standard for code quality, efficient design, and operational monitoring
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to guide the team's priorities and vision
- Support the engineering team in executing a technical ML strategy
The ideal candidate will possess some / all of the following skills / experience
- Proven experience in developing, shipping, and maintaining large-scale software engineering projects
- Strong background of working on public-facing, non-academic web sites and applications
- Extensive knowledge of Machine Learning tools and techniques
- Proficiency in Python and essential libraries like scikit-learn, pandas, SciPy, and NumPy.
- Prior experience in personalization and relevant techniques
- Strong appreciation for DevOps processes
- Familiarity with statistics and probability theory
- Tech stack expertise: Spark, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS.