Quantitative Analyst - Fraud DetectionCharlotte, United States
- Salary: $135,000.00
- Sector: Quantitative Analytics
- Type: Permanent
Global Investment Bank
Charlotte, NC (Hybrid)
Our client is a leading Investment Bank with a global presence and ever-growing footprint in the United States.
We are working with the firms Model Risk Management group which serves as the organization's second line of defense responsible for overseeing model risk arising from the bank's various divisions and corporate functions. This team is responsible for creating and executing a risk management framework aligned with the principles of SR 11-7, through which the bank's collection of models is rigorously assessed and verified. Moreover, the team is charged with supervising model risk governance, ensuring adherence to guidelines, protocols, and regulatory directives.
The bank is in search of a driven individual to take on the role of a Quantitative Analyst - Fraud Detection within the Model Risk Management Group. This professional will be involved in the validation of AML, FCC, and Fraud Models.
- Perform thorough validations and assessments of Financial Crime/Fraud/AML models, covering data quality, model/scenario design, implementation, usage, performance, control, and ongoing monitoring.
- Identify deficiencies in models through validations, communicating issues to model owners and senior management, and offering practical recommendations.
- Develop and manage documentation templates, testing packages, and automated tools to streamline and standardize validation procedures.
- Provide support during audits and examinations focused on compliance and fraud risk models.
- Stay updated on compliance and fraud regulations, as well as industry best practices, to maintain current knowledge.
- Master's degree or an equivalent qualification in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related disciplines.
- Over 2 years of practical experience in model validation, model development, risk analytics, or comparable domains.
- Proficiency in Python and SQL programming languages.
- Sound comprehension of the financial sector and various business lines.
- Demonstrated strength in logical reasoning, analytical capabilities, and effective communication.
- Preferred experience includes involvement in compliance analytics, compliance/fraud model validations, or similar domains within financial institutions or consulting settings.
- Familiarity with Oracle Database, Actimize SAM, and Fircosoft is advantageous.
Please contact Alex Hampton for further information.