Sr Endpoint Security EngineerJacksonville, United States
- Salary: $150,000.00
- Sector: Cyber Security
- Type: Permanent
Sr Endpoint Security Engineer
Firm: We are partnering with a Fortune 300 Financial Services Institution. They have a global Security organization of 150 FTE.
Reporting: You will report directly to the Manager of Infrastructure Security Engineering who reports to the Head of Security Operations, reporting directly to the Chief Security Officer.
Reason for opening: Existing team of 5 people Security Engineers. Due to volume, the team received headcount for 2 additional resources. Both Senior Endpoint Security Engineers. (Manager was partly doing this job).
Location: Remote across continental USA. Central, Mountain or Pacific time preferred. Travel 2x per year to HQ in Florida for team building purposes.
Day to day context:
On surface, primary job is to ensure that all endpoints, whether workstations or servers in the corporate environment, are configured correctly and as secure as possible without hindered by day-to-day business unnecessarily. 36,000 endpoints.
Part of the day to day is to ensure you are aware of emerging threats and any new techniques that malicious actors are taking advantage of. We are looking for someone who understands the Tech and Operations Systems well enough to know “How would I stop somebody to take advantage of X.” For example, someone found a to utilize embedded windows executable for malicious purposes. Not for classic vulnerability/patch management but in a malicious way. Evaluate “are our existing controls being protected or is there something additional we need to do to prevent from being exploited?”
- Sets policies and rulesets around assigned endpoint protection technology
- Proper configuration of endpoint protection technologies to align with confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Escalation point for Endpoint Security Engineers for incidents/requests related to endpoint protection technologies
- Review effectiveness of security configurations against expected outcomes and adjusts as necessary to improve effectiveness
- Designs implementation plans for and coordinate implementation for new endpoint protection features/products
- Determines secure endpoint configuration settings to implement and performs initial testing against lab systems
- Stays abreast of emerging technology functionality. Understanding of the latest trends and enhancements for endpoint protection to ensure our environment is adequately protected from emerging threats
- Provides recommendations to improve security posture for the enterprise
- Participates in SWAT investigations to remediate any issues pertaining to endpoint security technologies
- Some level (~2-5 years) of sys admin or network admin/engineering experience from an operational standpoint.
- Preferably started their career in Sys Admin or equivalent, before pivoting into Cybersecurity.
- Good to have baseline understanding from an operational standpoint. Hard to figure out best way to secure it, without knowing what happens behind clicking the button. Ideally some kind of network admin experience but not weed out someone with first job Security.
- 3-5 years of dedicated Endpoint Security experience
- Preferably on top of sys/network admin experience.
- Experience with Excel, PowerBI or other Data/Reporting Platform
- vLookUp, Pivot tables etc. A lot of data from systems extracted into Excel. Know how to use it or equivalent for data and reporting purposes.
- Endpoint protection experience
- Does not matter what technology. Any endpoint anti-malware product.
- Must have experience with PowerShell scripting. Understanding command lines.
- Understanding things like Group Policy. Mostly Windows/Microsoft Shop.
- Familiar with Windows Registry. Any kind of network administration experience should be familiar.
- Personality traits:
- Internal desire to be the one who ‘fixes the problem’.
- Natural curiosity of how things work
- Background: open to industries and different sizes of organizations (does not matter small or large)
- Experience with cloud technologies (any kind). Understanding of the cloud. Base level will help. Specifically, Azure and AWS.
- Scripting experience – not core function of position.
- Windows OS must. Linux administration experience is helpful. Specifically, Redhat linux.
- Please contact email@example.com for more information.