Vice President - Technology & Financial Governance ProcessesNew York, United States
- Salary: $170,000.00
- Sector: Information Security
- Type: Permanent
Firm: We are partnering with a financial services institution who are building out their self-imposed End User Computing Governance Program; essentially marrying Technology & Financial Governance Processes in one.
EUC program context: EUC is a joint partnership between the Technology (1st line) and Risk Management division (2nd line). The 2nd line own policies, procedures, and training.
Technology supports 1st line, on the ground with the business assessing against policies, doing hands-on testing of the solutions, working with IT to facilitate. On the ground level documentation is lacking. This person is responsible for helping to build out 1st line of defense (Technology) of the program.
Reason for the initiative: Self-imposed. Internal Audit/Risk Assessments partnerships showed trends around lack of effective controls, ownership issues, issues on inventory, lack of transparency. Different ways of doing things across the board.
Solution: This program will ensure IT has a seat at the table. Understand what the business needs are and create IT demand pipeline as opposed to teams doing development themselves which creates overall risk.
Day to day for VP (Team Lead): This person is responsible for helping to stand up the EUC governance program from a first line perspective (owned by the Technology team). They are also responsible for governing EUC and business processes. Someone who is not core technical but understands technology and financial business processes.
Requirements for VP:
- Current or Former Financial / Business Reporting Process experience.
- Must come with technology and financial business governance experience.
- Currently working for financial services institution.
- Current leadership/team management experience. You will have 3 people report to you.
- Nice to have:
- Direct EUC or EUC support experience is preferable but not a showstopper for talent.
- Former/current Python or Excel VBA programming experience
- Location: Hybrid 1 day in NYC. 4 days remote. New York.
- Salary: $150k-$180k base salary plus 20% discretionary target bonus