Big Data Engineer
|Job Title:||Big Data Engineer|
|Salary:||€50000 - €65000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Zoe Hallam|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
To use a variety of Big Data Technologies to create exceptional customer experiences and solve difficult business problems, based on a low latent platform of structured and unstructured data.
Essential Skills Required:
- Previous Big Data experience using the Hadoop ecosystem to solve large-scale problems
- You are an exceptional developer with an aptitude for new technologies
- Have a good understanding of distributed systems and experience in using open source frameworks
- At least 2-3 years commercial big data experience designing and building solutions based on the Hadoop ecosystem (e.g. HDFS, MapReduce, Hive and Pig)
- Experience of data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data (e.g. Sqoop, Flume)
- Understanding of cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services
- A solid understanding of software design and best practices with working knowledge of an OOP language, ideally Java
- Experience of Linux scripting
- Experience of traditional data warehouse systems and RDBMS, ideally in a SQL Server environment
- Experience of working as part of a close-knit team performing analysis, design and development tasks on multiple platforms
Please note: If you have previously worked in Europe, then we can accept candidates who will require sponsorship.
Parallel Consulting is a multi-awarding winning, global leader in Analytics & Data Science recruitment.
With over 12 years expertise, we assist our clients within Analytics, Customer & Marketing Insight, Web Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Credit Risk and BI.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available