*Data Scientist* - Market leading loyalty business - London - up to £50K+
Key Words: Machine Learning, Python, R, Data Science, Recommendations, AWS, Real-time, Scala, Spark, Customer Segmentation
An exciting new role has opened for a Data Scientist, sitting within the analytics function; this position role will blend together multi-functional real-time analytics and customer classification within data science.
The business currently holds a portfolio of clients across variety of sectors (retail, banking, automotive and FMCG) clients that enjoy over a hundred million unique monthly users across their web platforms and is now focused on the offering solutions which allows them continuous delivery. The team is hugely successful operating a collaborative environment and adopting a strong agile culture within its London office. This is the perfect time for you to join this cutting edge team to help shape the tools, technology and culture within the data science department.
The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate excellent practical and theoretical experience of data science within a commercial setting (Online, loyalty, E-commerce or other).
As a predominately online focused business, the data collection is large and constant. The data gathered is used to build a more efficient customer experience for the business.
It is an exciting time for this position and the growth of the data science team.
- To lead and develop Data Science within the organisation
- To mentor junior members of the team (data scientists)
- To establish strong relationships across the business and contacts
- Drive the Data Science agenda within the organisation - stakeholder engagement
- To support the advanced analytics initiatives using the most cutting-edge techniques available
- Build machine learning frameworks to drive customer personalization and recommendation engines
- Previous commercial data science experience is essential - within a ecommerce space (online)
- Strong academia within statistics
- Excellent exposure of statistics and machine learning
- Excellent Programming with Python or R
- Good knowledge of Amazon Web Service (AWS)
- Experience of a big data environment is desirable
- Proven data science track record: analysis of both small and large databases
- Excellent communication skills - strong stakeholder engagement experience
- A tech leader for the latest trends and technologies on the market (data science)
- Experience working in a dynamic and flexible environment
- Experience with customer behaviour algorithms
- Scala and Spark skills
- MSc or PhD: Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Maths or other quantitative studies
Parallel Consulting is a multi-awarding winning, global leader in Analytics & Data Science recruitment. With over 12 years expertise, we assist our clients within Analytics, Customer & Marketing Insight, Web Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Credit Risk and BI.