Lead Developer | Java, Agile | London
Ever feel like you're undervalued?
I am partnering with one of the most exciting tech companies, undergoing significant growth plans to meet their ever-increasing demand, and cementing their position as a chief player in the e-commerce platform space. The organisation has been established for over 20 years, and is looking to expand and retain talented developers to help drive the organisation forward.
Tackle head on stimulating questions about the implementation of large-scale software systems that need to handle daily challenges of scaling, resilience and performance. Show off your expertise in technology and the means to communicate complex concepts and rationale to non-techies - this could be formal or informal, written or oral in a team around a whiteboard or as a presentation. Take part in regional, national and global conferences.
Awareness across many of the following areas:
- Cross-functional teams using Scrum and/or Kanban
- Identify and define user requirements, highly interactive websites
- BDD, TDD, IoC and knowledge of Software/ Enterprise Design Patterns
- Possess a good understanding of different software architectures
- SEO coding concepts; especially URL structure, Git
- Infrastructure and tools (revision control, bug tracking, wiki)
Experience with any the following supporting technologies:
- Extensive experience in Java projects
- Java web frameworks (E.g. Wicket, Play, Spring MVC), JVM based languages such as Groovy or Scala
- Spring Framework
- Relational databases and SQL (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL)
- NoSql databases (Mongo, CouchDB, Riak, Neo4J)
- Web infrastructure (Apache HTTP/web server, servlet containers, caching, proxies, security, CDNs
- XML technologies (XML Schema, SAX, DOM)
- Web services, Ruby or Python
You will be rewarded generously with a basic salary from £45,000 - £80,000+ (depending on your experience) excellent pension/bonus schemes, child care vouchers, private medical insurance, various events fully paid dependant on company performance, a personal development budget and a cycle to work scheme.
Parallel Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.