|Job Title:||SPLUNK ENGINEER|
|Start Date:||1st June 2017|
|Contact Name:||Marcus Pitts|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
Join a small team of Networking/IT experts responsible for the network monitoring layer within my clients environment.
Take day-to-day accountability for the Splunk platform (v6.3) made of two forwarders, three clustered indexers and one search head, with the same setup duplicated in the lab.
Work together with the other Splunk resources within the customer site to maintain this system (in production and in the lab) and make it evolve according to users requirements: implement specific filtering, dashboards, integrate new data sources or adapt processing for existing ones (e.g. due to software upgrades in the network).
Deploy newer versions of the various components when appropriate: for bug fixes, to get relevant new features, etc.
Recommend changes to the architecture when appropriate and implement them once approved.
Maintain a clear documentation of the whole platform: components, versions, data flows, data sources, etc.
Interact directly with the users (network operations personnel): capture new requirements and defects into Jira tickets, prioritise these, implement, test, deploy fixes and new features.
- Expert level knowledge of the Splunk suite with ability to define the best suited architecture for the customers needs, install, configure, develop, monitor and troubleshoot the whole platform. More specifically:
- Architecture administration and design (big plus: Splunk Certified Architect certification)
- General Splunk administration (big plus: Splunk Certified Admin certification)
- Searching, reporting and management of data and knowledge objects (big plus: Splunk Certified Power User certification)
- Creation and modification of custom apps
- Optionally: Splunk Enterprise Security
- Programming/scripting experience in Python
- Some level of telecoms and networking skills is a plus since it helps to understand the contents of the data
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Good oral and written communication skills to interact with users and peers
- Fluent in English
If interested please forward me your CV and desired rate.
Parallel Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available