Technical Architect | Java | Bristol
Do you find yourself not agreeing with the style of leadership…? Why not become your own leader?
I'm partnering with an outstanding organisation, undergoing significant Digital Transformation. This organisation has been a leading light in the UK for over 20 years, it has a real distinctiveness & character and is completely revolutionising the way they interact with customers. If you are fixated on the outcome for a successful enterprise web application, this is the job for you.
What you will achieve?
Seize the opportunity to become a leader across the business, your peers will be coming to you for clarification of complex software issues and you get the chance to host to enterprise level clients. Be the example of driving best practice and maintain outstanding engineering and architectural standards whilst also remaining hands on. With strong knowledge and experience under your belt you will get the chance to deliver presentations, whilst demonstrating the possibility of technology and simplification of technical documents.
As a passionate technologist, your time at work will be split between coding and acting as a trusted advisor providing pragmatic solutions; as well as ensuring you have up-to-date expertise and knowledge of current and emerging tech and products.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Agile development methods; Agile, Lead, TDD, CD, CI.
- Experience managing client expectations from inception to delivery
- High level designs, disaster recovery and support documentation
- Cross-cutting concerns such as security performance and quality
- Designing and delivering large scale solutions
- Java, .NET and any experience of Scala, JVM or Java.
- Solid understanding of automated testing, including Outside-In BDD and TDD.
- Cloud computing and virtualisation
- Storage technologies; SQL and No-SQL.
What you get in return?
You will be rewarded with a basic salary from £65,000 - £95,000+ (depending on experience) excellent pension/bonus schemes, child care vouchers, private medical insurance, various events fully paid dependant on company performance, a personal development budget and a cycle to work scheme.
Parallel Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.