Technical Architect | Java | Bristol
Are you unhappy with the style of leadership…? Why not become your own leader?
I'm partnering with an outstanding organisation, undergoing significant Digital Transformation. If you are fixated on the outcome for a successful enterprise web application, this is the job for you. This organisation has been a leading light in the UK for over 20 years, it has a real distinctiveness & character and is completely revolutionising the way their clients interact with customers.
What you will achieve?
The opportunity to become a leader, your peers will come to you for clarification of complex software issues and you will host to enterprise level clients. You will be the prime example of driving best practice, maintain outstanding engineering and architectural standards whilst remaining hands on. With strong knowledge and experience under your belt you will deliver presentations, demonstrate the possibility of technology and simplification of technical documents.
As a passionate technologist, time will be split between coding and acting as a trusted advisor providing pragmatic solutions; you need to ensure you have up-to-date expertise and knowledge of current and emerging tech and products.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Agile development methods; Agile, Lead, TDD, CD, CI.
- Experience managing client expectations from inception to delivery
- High level designs, disaster recovery and support documentation
- Cross-cutting concerns such as security performance and quality
- Designing and delivering large scale solutions
- Java, .NET and any experience of Scala, JVM or Java.
- Solid understanding of automated testing, including Outside-In BDD and TDD.
- Cloud computing and virtualisation
- Storage technologies; SQL and No-SQL.
What you get in return?
You will be rewarded with a basic salary from £65,000 - £95,000+ (depending on experience) excellent pension/bonus schemes, child care vouchers, private medical insurance, various events fully paid dependant on company performance, a personal development budget and a cycle to work scheme.
Parallel Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.