Java Middleware EngineerBrussels, Belgium
- Salary: Negotiable
- Sector: Software Development
- Type: Contract
- Support and administration of JAVA Enterprise (J2EE) applications.
- Create and maintain incidents/requests in our ticket system and follow ITIL best practices.
- Create and update knowledge articles for known issues and processes.
- Installation and deployment of Java applications on Weblogic in different environments (Acceptance, Production and others).
- Implement application monitoring in the different environments to ensure availability.
- Provide L1, L2 support and troubleshoot application and infrastructure components involved.
- Set up the monitoring scripts and automate the tasks performed by support team.
- Send out the notifications to the users in case of Downtime during business hours.
- Trigger investigations (registration of problems) in order to identify root causes and prevent potential impacts on the application.
- Provide Stand by support when required.
Knowledge and skills?
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent writing and training skills.
- Understanding of network protocols TCP/IP, HTTP/S.
- Understanding of Jana Enterprise, XML, Web services SOAP and REST.
- Good Knowledge of application servers (Weblogic, Wildfly, Tomcat) as well as Apache HTTP server.
- Good knowledge of Database Management systems (MySQL, Oracle RDBMS).
- Good Knowledge of GNU/Linux toolset, shell scripting in mandatory.
- Good knowledge of Splunk monitoring platform.
- Good knowledge of ITIL best practices.
- English is mandatory and other European languages are nice to have.