Senior Systems Engineer - Big DataBrussels, Belgium
- Salary: €95,000.00
- Sector: BI & Data
- Type: Permanent
Join our client as a Senior Big Data System Engineer in the Transport Sector!
Are you a seasoned Senior Big Data System Engineer with a proven track record of working on high-volume platforms? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join one of our clients in the Transport Sector and help drive innovation in the industry.
As a Senior Big Data System Engineer, you'll play a crucial role in managing our client's Big Data environments.
Your responsibilities will include software and hardware management within the Big Data landscape, proficiency in Linux and specific tasks related to installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining Big Data middleware (Hadoop, Kafka, Elastic, Cloudera, etc).
You will also be responsible for performance management, security, backup, high availability strategies, and collaborating with our client's software engineering team.
Fantastic opportunity to join one of the leading brands in the industry, in a tech-driven, flexible, hybrid working environment.
- Management and monitoring of software and hardware within our client's Big Data landscape.
- Proficiency in Linux operating systems (RedHat)
- Installation, configuration, testing, and maintenance of Big Data middleware (Hadoop, Kafka, Elastic, Cloudera)
- Performance management of installed systems and applications
- Management of security, backup, and high availability strategies
- Liaison with suppliers and developers for system administration and troubleshooting
- Fluency in French or Dutch, as well as English
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as a Big Data Administrator / Big Data Systems Engineer
- Proficiency with Elastic
- Strong knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem (Cloudera, HDFS, Yarn, Spark, Hive, Impala, Kudu)
- Experience with ETL tools, workflow management, streaming, machine learning, and Big Data security frameworks are extremely beneficial
- Cloud experience, ideally with Azure, but other platforms are considered also
- Knowledge of virtualization and containerization - Docker / Kubernetes / Terraform etc
- Experience with monitoring systems and automation software
- Proficient scripting skills - Python / Bash / Shell
- Strong networking experience (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)